Friday, February 27, 2009

Night of Winners, not!



The Oscars was held on Monday with Slumdog Millionaire winning big this award season. (My parents watched it and has been telling everyone on how good the movie is. So, I think you should watch it!) Even if Slumdog Millionaire won big for the Oscars, I don't think Freida Pinto, the actress for the movie scored on the red carpet!



She may have chosen a John Galliano piece but its like Drew Barrymore's dress that she wore to the Golden Globes. Remember the curtain like finishings at the bottom of the dress?



See the similarities now? I didn't like the one Drew Barrymore wore nor do I like the one Freida Pinto wore but if I were to choose between these two evils, I'll have Drew Barrymore's dress.



Another one that I did not like is Beyonce's dress by, (surprise! surprise!) House of Dereon!Yes, perhaps the cut is very flattering and pretty classic but I am not so sure bout the massive gold prints. It kinda reminds me of upholstery. Sometimes, what looks good on furniture and curtains, don't neccessarily look good on human bodies! Drew, Beyonce and Freida take note! Or perhaps, upholstery is the new fashion?



As much as I love Heidi, I do not really like her luminous pink dress that looks super stiff and has a pretty high slit! To make things worst, she has to have a one shoulder collar. However, if you fancy it, its by Roland Mouret.



I thought its the financial crisis but after looking at many dresses the past award season, everyone seems to be having a little too much extra cloth that they just hang everywhere as seen here. This dress by Prada worn by Jessica Beil is one of those napkin dresses. Perhaps, its a symbol that the financial crisis ain't hitting them at all?



Yves Saint Laurent is known to have stunning works of art but this dress worn by Kate Winslet, ain't exactly what I call stunning. It could be that the picture does no justice but it kinda remind me of dresses that my school girls would wear from prom. Something pretty customade like how they wanna have french lace on the dress but can't really decide on it. This is what happens. Bits and pieces of lace stuck onto the dress.



I think Sarah Jessica Parker shops like a guy. It seems that she always sticks to the same silhoutte for her outfits. The only variation is the length. As a whole, it may not really look that bad but its so predictable that is has just become pretty forgettable. The slight hint with the undercoat showing through and lookin like Freida's and Drew's dresses doesn't help much. As such, I have no choice but to place Sarah Jessica in the winners category, not!



This dress by Valentino is, I don't know, but kinda looks ordinary. I have many of such dresses here in Singapore and somehow they look kinda cheap and what the slightly older mahjong playing ladies would wear. Sorry, Jennifer Aniston, but welcome to the world of wet market aunties!

No comments: