Saturday, March 21, 2009

SFF makes way for AFF!!




When we were first told last year that there won't be any Singapore Fashion Festival for this year and next, everyone were outraged. I personally, had mixed feelings. I kinda felt sad that I can find no more excuses to take a whole week's break from work to watch gorgeous models strutting their stuff covered in lavish designer wear. Having said that, all the while that I attended the shows, I wanted so badly to see the much bigger and lavish names to be showcased. Like last year, Calvin Klein was considered huge and it was the so called grand finale for Singapore Fashion Week 2008. While it was absolutely fabulous, I wanted more. More spectacular shows, more eclectic designers, more model behaviour, more glib tongue fashionistas.

Well, I asked for more and more is what we will be getting. It was officially announced last weekend through the press that the Audi Fashion Festival will replace the Singapore Fashion Festival. The fashion week will be held from the 6th of May to the 10th of May 2009. This five day event will have Christian Lacroix opening the event while Vivienne Westwood will be closing the week with her Anglomania collection. Now that we have all these European designers gracing our runways, let's hope that we will have an equally great show from our local designers as well.

The schedule is not up yet, but I just cannot wait to see who else is showing besidess Westwood, Lacroix, Ashley Isham and Gareth Pugh. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

No comments: