Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Perry Preppy West Coast Ellis



I was pretty much looking for inspiration for my outfit to a friends summer wedding in May here in Singapore (which explains the summer! haha!) where I will be one of the compares. My fellow compare will be dressed in a deep purple-blue dress and I thought I should not clash with her and decided to do some research but of course, I am distracted as I ended up watching the Perry Ellis Spring Summer 09 collection.



My verdict- I love it! It is all about being preppy and yet still has that slight edge to it. John Crocco, the designer for Perry Ellis, described the collection as 'preppy west coast'.



I have to say it is pretty evident in the collection. The colors that he chose are pretty pastel colors as in both being pretty and pastel. However, the way it is used and layered and styled gives the colors are more masculine take. For example, you see pink shirts, baby blue sweaters paired with cargo pants and having tailored loose airy shorts paired with west coast styled hoodies. Even Nigel Baker, the famed photographer and judge on America's Next Top Model agreed, saying that the collection is a guys dream for the fact that is stylish and comfortable. I totally agree with him. Comfort and style, the best combination ever for a guy.




After watching the show, I immediately decided to check out his collections online and look what I found, this casual and preppy pair of two toned stripe pants. If only they have Perry Ellis here in Singapore.



Another thing that I found and love is this Moon Dot tie which is just esthetically pleasing although, I must add, I won't exactly have the opportunity to wear it. But, then again, I can also hang it up and display it like all my other ties in my room.

I do hope that the coming Audi Fashion Festival will have more men shows! At least, I will have a reason to splurge!

No comments: