Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black, white and blue in summer 09



I was just watching D&G's Spring/ Summer 2009 fashion show during the Milan Fashion Week and I must say I love it. The collection was pretty much dominated by blacks, white and navy blues with Madonna's Four Minutes pumping up the runway. Of course, it was no where near four minutes. The show started out with tailored suits, both in white and black as well as in between.



Another thing that was constant throughout the collection were the lining! Almost all of the outfits were lined in a different color or design. Also, the shirts worn were all pretty tailored and have little detailings to them which creates a very modern and clean look.



One of those detailings that I love are the different lapels for the buttons. The contrast between pattern and blocks and colors adds a little jazz to the shirts. Oh, did I mention the use of shinning satin! Quite sexy, I must say.



As much as I love all things shiny and glittering, I don't quite dig the super glittery jacket! I find it way too disco! The silver jacket is slightly more bearable but definitely not the bronze one!



The collection were getting a little bit monotonous half way through the show but before they lost me, they introduced patterns into the collection which I found quite refreshing. From jackets to shirts to pants, patterns were introduced everywhere.



Of course, its never D&G without the tight shorts! Haha! If only I was adventurous enough to wear them out. By the way, love the sandals! I am so saving up for those!




And of course, D&G will always have their sporty outfits every time they put on a show, so here they are.



And the show ended with the models walked out dressed in full white satin suits, complete with bow ties and those raybans! I am not throwing them away. Seems like we will be using them again next summer!

No comments: