Friday, July 18, 2008

Venezuela rises while USA falls.

This year's Miss Universe pageant didnt look bright for our asian contestants with only Ms Thailand winning Best National Costume and none of our asian counterparts clinching a place in the top ten! But I thought that Ms Singapore could have been able to win something - probably in the Worst National Costume. I mean take it look at this, a Merlion? I mean, the merlion is very unique in Singapore but definitely not a fashion icon and thus, should never be used as an inspiration for a costume! Future Ms Singapore Universe dress designers take note! I wonder if they held a secondary school competition to design the national costume. Hmm.. I wonder.




Let's put that aside and hold and behold Ms USA falls AGAIN and yes AGAIN in the evening gown segment. I think they really did want it to happen. I mean, if you can't win the title, might as well just fall down and be remembered! Let's take a look!



Anyway, congratulations to this year's Ms Universe winner, Ms Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza. I guess they are claiming back their title!

No comments: