Saturday, July 12, 2008

Richard Chai - Boy Wonder

I was just checking out Richard Chai's Spring/Summer 09 Men's collection in Paris. Seems like this boy wonder still sticks to his minimalist approach on design. Now, for those of you who don't really know much about Richard Chai, I won't blame you cause he can't be found in Singapore. (OR at least as far as I know.) But you might have seen him in People's magazine as he was one of 2004's sexiest people alive.
Richard Chai and his models for his latest men's collection. Yup, still sexy!

He used to design for Marc Jacobs and TRE til he showcased his label, bearing his name, at 04's New York Fashion Week. It might seem as if Chai's men's collection for SS09 does not deviate much from his first collection which was minimalistic but if you look closely, there are subtle changes especially in terms of the intricacy in detailings. But at times, I feel as if he is a Japanese designer with all the cropped pants or English especially with all the pleats and that Euro street look. But nonetheless, I do like some of his works. So here, have a look at some that i singled out. Do you think I can wear this to the gym and run back to the office?

I do love this rock inspired jacket although I would cut down on the studs a lil bit.

I do not usually like 3-buttoned jackets but this one, oh yeah, this one is different. Love the cut, details and colour.

As much as I love the two toned shirt worn underneath, I have to put away the shorts. It looks like my boxers I wear to sleep. (Note, guys with short torso, avoid that shirt or you will really look like you have a non existing torso. )

This is definitely not my favourite. I love the pants if it ain't cropped. The whole outfit, on the other hand, looks dated to me. What do you think?

My friends who know me for wuite some time now will understand why I single out this outfit. Yup, its the cardigan. I am a big fan of cardigans or sweaters as you may call it especially those that looks kinda preppy with a touch of edginess. I love this grey long cardigan! I simply love it! This is my favourite piece of his newest collection.

No comments: