Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Old world charm

Excuse my absence for a couple of weeks. I have been rather busy exploring the tiny island I have been living on my entire life. Nonetheless, I came back with a couple of nice discoveries. One of the places I visited on my lil' tour around the island is the National Museum of Singapore where they have many galleries called, "Living Galleries" and one of them is Fashion. SO, obviously, that is where I headed to. Its the first gallery I ran to upon reaching the museum. Very nice things, all the retro Ray Bans and quotes by legendaries like Yves Saint Laurent all over the gallery. But one thing that really caught my attention is this vintage 1950s wedding dress made of silk, french lace and mother of pearls. It is really haute couture. Everything crafted by hand! Fabulous! Absolutely Fabulous. Take a look at it yourself! Fabulous cfartsmanship and exqusite details.




And the bow at the back is so cute! Bows have always been a mainstay in fashion trends now. All the bow shirts and all. Sweet, chic, sophisticated and elegant IF you wear it appropriately!

No comments: