Saturday, May 24, 2008

What the Heel?

If you read my previous article on Chanel's show in Miami, you would have noticed the gun shaped shoe in the first picture! Here is a closer look at that pair of heels! I don't quite like it!


Well, at least the Chanel shoes gave me the idea for this little article! You see, shoes are in abundance. Ladies love their shoes and designers are always coming up with fabulous new shoes to match that every outfit but along with those spectacular art comes the slightly wackier side of the heels. As such, today, we shall have a look at shoes that makes you go, "What the heel?" Yes, I am ONLY exploring the wackier heels category. There are more shoes that just gets you scratching but that will be for another time. So, let's start with platform shoes and wedges! The first one is from Alessandro Dell 'Acqua. To me, it looks like ocean liner from Barbie in Titanic. The pink is horrendous and I have a feeling that it weighs as much as a Titanic. Oh yeah, so avoid the shoes when you go on a cruise or to the beach. It sure will drown you.

The next one is kinda expected especially when its from Alexander Mcqueen! I mean, you can only expect over the top drama from Alexander Mcqueen. The shoes look like they are meant to be placed in the showcase at the Ancient Civilisation Museum or something. Its definitely a killer to walk in them. And do you know what else it reminds me of? The geisha shoes in Memoirs of a Geisha, the scene where Ziyi Zhang danced on the stage! Somehow the shoes give me that oriental vibe.
Now, this Giuseppe Zanotti heels are for the lady architects as this shoe is known as the architectural shoe. Its quite nice for the fact that is clean lines and a nice beige color. However, I wonder if there is any support for the wearer! I wonder...
Red thigh high platform shoes are not for the everyday women. It is for that superheroine, maybe Wonder Woman's classmate? And the designer remains a mystery too...hmm...Bare beauty. I do watch that show on Arts Central at times and I wonder if the next pair of shoes should be featured in it. After all, its a bare naked women at the heels. Then again, I think not since it doesn't quite fall into the category of beauty. More like barely there!
And the next few pictures will show you shoes by Prada. The first one I like. The diamonds on the heels. Fabulous! Reminds me of Louboutin! The rest of the shoes that you are about to see, I have no idea why they are created, especially the last one. The grotesque purple flower heels which at first, I thought was heel stuck in dog-poo, is totally horrendous. The others are still bearable or perhaps, even wearable! What do you think?



The following few are from Miu Miu. The Second one, the baby blue diamante heels are quite nice actually, but it takes some time to get used to it. Although, I think, if you were to look at it even longer, you might just find it a little bit too gawdy. The tea cup heels, on the other hand, are pretty cute. It looks like its from some fairy tale! Its a fantasy shoe! Nice to look at but maybe not too practical to wear. The rest of the shoes, well, I just don't know what's happening with them.


Christian Dior, what do you first think of? Sophistication and elegance? Perhaps, until you look at this slingback. As a whole, it looks classy enough but the heels are just weird. Yes, they do look lavish and luxurios but I just don't get the heels at all. I am not sure if Marc Jacobs was drunk when he got this shoe into production or it simply is just a reject cause isn't the heel attached at the wrong place?
While Marc Jacobs isn't sure where to place the heels, I wonder if the designer for the next shoe, whoever he or she is, forgot to place the soles. Hmmm...
Since everyone seems to be making mistakes with heels, Antonio Berardi thought that he can make no mistake when the shoes just don't have heels! Well, think again Antonio! Perhaps, he wanted ladies to have that feeling of walking on air in his shoes! Apparently, Victoria Beckham ordered a pair for herself! She doesn't need this shoes to be walking on air. With that stick figure, I am sure she can just flies off anytime she wants!
So, you have seen a few weird and a couple of nice heeled shoes. Which do you prefer or do you have anything else to add to this selection? By the way, some of the pictures are from Fashion Police. You can find their website under links!

2 comments:

SamW said...

Shocking! The Giuseppe Zanotti shoes reminded me of ziyi in that weird dance sequence too! Totally the first thing that came to mind.

SamW said...

Opps...I meant the Alexander Mcqueen blocks of wood (an after thought..are his skull scarfs still in? It seems so last season. I saw someone wearing one recently).
Zanotti's shoes are often too pretty for me to complain about..hee hee!